Buyouts Magazine Nominated DW Healthcare Partners’ Verathon Inc. transaction as a Middle Market Deal of the Year & Deal of the Year
Buyouts Magazine, a sister company to peHUB, today announced the nominees and winners of this year’s Buyouts Deal of the Year Awards. DW Healthcare Partners (DWHP) and Rho Capital, were nominated into the Middle Market Deal of the Year & Deal of the Year categories for their role in the Verathon Inc. and Roper Industries Inc. (NYSE: ROP) transaction.
Below is the article from Buyouts Magazine:
Making it through 2009 was no easy feat. A number of buyout firms that began the year on solid footing came out the other end staggering from a recession that pulled no punches.
Some firms, however, not only made it through the year—they excelled. These outliers generated healthy returns in a sickly market, raised lush funds in an arid environment and/or climbed league tables when so many others were in freefall.
The winner in each category is identified by a pair of asterisks:
• MIDDLE MARKET DEAL OF THE YEAR & DEAL OF THE YEAR
• Arcapita Inc. (Church’s Chicken)
• Castle Harlan Inc. (United Malt Holdings Inc.)
• DW Healthcare Partners and Rho Capital (Verathon Inc.)
• GTCR Golder Rauner LLC (Ovation Pharmaceuticals)**
• Oak Hill Capital Partners (Butler Schein Animal Health)
• TA Associates (Triumph HealthCare)
LARGE MARKET DEAL OF THE YEAR
• Cerberus (Talecris)
• TPG and GS Capital Partners (Alltel)
• Vestar Capital Partners (Birds Eye Foods)**
SMALL MARKET DEAL OF THE YEAR
• CCMP Capital Advisors (Nowaco)
• Hale Capital Partners (LocationLogic LLC)
• ICV Capital Partners (Sterling Foods Ltd.)
• Nautic Partners (Corporate Lodging Consultants Group Inc.)
• Sun Capital Partners (Timothy’s Coffees of the World)
• Webster Capital (CK Franchising Inc.)
• The Wicks Group of Companies (Penn Foster Education Group Inc.)**
ABOUT DW HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
DW Healthcare Partners is a private equity firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The firm manages over $800 million in committed capital and invests in profitable healthcare companies with proven management teams.
DW Healthcare Partners is led by seasoned healthcare executives with more than 110 years of combined industry experience. The firm provides the capital, strategic guidance, and acquisition expertise to help mid-to-late-stage companies realize their potential for growth.